Center for Academic Excellence
Truman Bounce Back Program
The Bounce Back Program is designed for students struggling to find academic success during their undergraduate experience at Truman.
- All students who are slated for suspension may apply for this one-semester opportunity to remain enrolled at Truman with specialized academic support.
- The program accepts students who have demonstrated an interest and ability to succeed at Truman.
- Bounce Back students receive academic support and weekly coaching from a Bounce Back coach.
Students accepted into the Truman Bounce Back program agree to do the following:
- Enroll in classes no later than the first week of the semester’
- Sign a program agreement that includes the student’s plan for improving academic success and a commitment to complete the program requirements’
- Attend 12 weekly meetings with an assigned academic advisor (coach) during your Bounce Back semester’
- Enroll in INDV 110–Skills for Academic Success (or complete a set of skills exercises similar to those assigned in the class).
- Complete 3 of these extra-help activities:
- attend a professor’s office hours (can be repeated to count more than once)
- attend a tutoring session (can be repeated to count more than once) through the Center for Academic Excellence or a department
- attend a Writing Center appointment
- Attend a RAP session with a research librarian
- Other activities approved by your advisor that can be considered extra help
Students who participate in the program and earn at least a 2.0 GPA while completing at least 66.67% of the credits attempted during their Bounce Back semester will be eligible to continue at Truman. Students who fail to earn a 2.0 GPA or complete at least 66.67% of the credits attempted during their Bounce Back semester will be suspended at the conclusion of the semester. A student’s completion percentage is measured by credits successfully completed for the semester divided by credits attempted for the semester.
To remain in good standing with the Truman Bounce Back program, students must not miss any weekly meetings. Receiving an Any-Time, Any-Student Notification or a negative Early Progress Report may also affect the student’s standing as well.
How to Apply
Simply fill out the application form below. You will be notified of your application results by the Director of Student Success & Academic Standards Chair as soon as possible.
You must sign in to access this form. Sign In
Student accepted into the Bounce Back Program will be required to complete an Agreement Form during the first meeting with their Bounce Back Coach.
If you have questions about the Bounce Back Program at Truman, please contact the Director fo Student Success & Academic Standards Chair at email@example.com or 660-785-7403.